TOD/RTC questions

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:16:14 UTC 2014

I am testing out the Raspberry Pi I2C interface by implementing a DS1307
RTC driver.

I started with the libchip/rtc/ds1375.c driver, since it is very close to
the 1307.

In the Raspberry Pi BSP, I added code to i2c_init.c to create a raw device
node for the RTC device, then I added the tod/todcfg.h similar to the
powerpc/mvme3100 BSP.

Using the test functions I can read and write the device, but is there
anything else I need to do in order to tie it to the RTEMS time functions?

For example:
In the shell ( main_date.c ) , the time() function just returns the 1998
epoch. Also, the shell rtc command ( main_rtc.c ) calls
rtems_clock_get_tod, but returns a error. If I use the RTC command and set
the time, it does try to write to my device and subsequent calls to
rtems_clock_tod do not return an error.

Am I missing any setup here?

Finally, is RTC the same as TOD for RTEMS?

Thanks,
Alan