CMSIS?

Chris Nott chrisn at vl.com.au
Sat Aug 30 04:52:59 UTC 2014

Absent answer means no.

I had the same idea. Actually I have played around with using vendor
libraries from TI and ST, and there is no problem compiling them in. I
can't see any reason CMSIS wouldn't fit in fine too. Actually from
memory the useful parts of CMSIS comprise two parts, ARM specific
intrinsic instructions and register locations in a header file, and
reasonable math libraries. It shouldn't be a bit deal to use these, I
would ignore the CMSIS linker scripts and such though.

I would like to see CMSIS and parts of the vendor libraries integrated
with RTEMS if possible, but I am uncertain about licensing
compatibility. It seems daft to have to rewrite register locations and
platform specific instructions if the vendors provide them..

Regards,
Chris.