Using rtl-host in covor - some questions

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 13 20:28:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sorry about not responding before now. It had dropped of my list and I
had forgotten about it.

On 12/08/2014 9:58 pm, Krzysztof Mięsowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on adding symbol generation to covoar. I'm going
> to use rtl::process::execute function to run nm from covoar (as
> suggested by Chris). I do not know exactly how should I use this in
> covoar. Should I build rtl-host as a library and link it to covoar? Or
> maybe there is another, better option?

This is a really good question. Having covoar and rtems-host work
together is a really thing because there is lots of good code to reuse.

Currently the rtems-host repo is my private area and maybe this need to
change. It is difficult to have both work together when in separate
repos. Joel, should this code be moved to the rtems-tools.git repo ?

As it stands rtems-host builds 3 static libraries and you can use those...

$ ls build-linux2/*.a
build-linux2/libelf.a
build-linux2/libiberty.a
build-linux2/librld.a