Console driver that needs extra TIMER

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Aug 14 17:52:41 UTC 2014

On 8/14/2014 12:13 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Joel,
>
> A problem with the approach you outlined is as Sebastian said, you
> still end up overestimating if for example the application does not
> use the DMA-based console but uses a different console within the same
> bsp.
That is true but the bspopts.h should be able to detect that. Wouldn't
that be
like polled versus interrupt? It is a BSP configure.ac issue that is
reflected in
bspopts.h.  I don't think you would be switching the mode
DMA/interrupt/polled
after BSP configure/build time

In this case, the BSP would just have to be a little more careful to
define things
correctly for each console driver configuration. The one defined would
get used
if the driver were configured.

--joel