Add an --enable-httpd-websocket configure option to enable WebSocket in the Mongoose HTTP server

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 3 06:10:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 10:45 +1100, Nick Withers wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 15:38 +1100, Nick Withers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The attached patch adds an "--enable-httpd-websocket" configure option
> > to enable WebSocket (see http://www.websocket.org ,
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket ) in the Mongoose HTTP server.
>
> In case it's preferred, the attached patch unconditionally enables
> WebSocket support in the Mongoose HTTP server.
>
> The (PowerPC) psim mghttpd01.exe goes from 5708594 B to 5736668 B with
> this change, an extra 28074 B.

Any thoughts on this one?

I'll likely have to regenerate patches, but to enable building the
Mongoose HTTP server with WebSocket, would we prefer to:
  - Add an "--enable-httpd-websocket" configure option
  - Unconditionally enable the feature
  - Force the user to patch the RTEMS source?

Cheers!
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Department of Nuclear Physics, Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)