Updating Open Projects and GSOC

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Sun Dec 14 13:44:51 UTC 2014

On December 13, 2014 9:47:00 PM CST, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>I'd like to see RTEMS compile with LLVM  / clang. This would go a long
>way toward improving our static analysis capabilities. The project
>should get RTEMS compiling, and add support in RSB for it.

I added basic RTEMS target support to LLVM a few years ago. Eliminating the use of bsp_specs is the big hurdle

>I'm lukewarm on Coverity-Newlib. The other projects seem alright. I'll
>try to take a stab at the Open Projects page in the near future, after
>I can give some more thought to good projects.

Not gsoc worthy. Just on the to do list. I almost have it working but can't quite get the Coverity set up correct.

As a gsoc project, I would like coverage testing on newlib using glibc and any BSD libc tests we can leverage.