POSIX timers misbehaviour

Daniel Krüger daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Wed Dec 17 08:55:07 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am porting the openPOWERLINK stack (Industrial Ethernet protocol
implementation) to RTEMS. Because RTEMS includes the POSIX layer, I
tried to reuse most of the Linux implementation of openPOWERLINK.
When it came to the timers, I discovered some differences of the POSIX
timer behaviour in RTEMS in respect to Linux. I don't know what the
POSIX standard says in that regard.

I adapted the RTEMS POSIX timers implementation to match Linux a little
bit more. The patches for RTEMS are provided as attachment.

If you need more information, or if you have any particular question,
feel free to contact me any time!

Best regards,
   Daniel Krüger

--
SYS TEC electronic GmbH
Am Windrad 2

Telefon : +49 (0) 3765 38600-0
Fax     : +49 (0) 3765 38600-4100
Email   : daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Website : http://www.systec-electronic.com

Managing Director   : Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt
Commercial registry : Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 28082