Reducing RTEMS size to <32KB to fit in Epiphany local memories

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:00:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am working on reducing RTEMS size to fit into <32KB as every Epiphay
core has only 32KB of local memory. I was able to get hello and
minimum samples with aggressive size reduction by manually removing
un-needed code. Currently I only use libcsupport, sapi, score, rtems
built for cpukit only, and for each, some source code files were
removed. No IO, no FS, no barrier, event, managers are included. And I
added -Os flag. However when building ticker, the .text area overflows
the 32KB local memory by about 8KB.

The question is, what are the very basic mandatory sources/libraries
and/or managers that are enough to build ticker?

Regards,
Hesham