RTEMS SMP configuration

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:44:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 06/12/14 21:56, Hesham Moustafa wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Joel and Gedare. I found it a bit tricky as I had to add
>> epiphany to (hidden) aclocal/enable-smp.m4 files at c/src, cpukit and
>> the root directory.
>

> Yes, its bad to waste time on such stuff.  Should we simply allow the
> --enable-smp for all architectures?  At least we should produce a configure
> error on unsupported architectures and not these obscure errors during
> build/link time.

+1
It was very hard to figure out what's the error, and why there are
undefined references, even when I added Epiphany to one
aclocal/enable-smp.m4, I still got these undefined references errors,
which drove me mad, and no instructions for that.
>> It now builds and compiles fine, and actually I
>> can send some SMP messages to RTEMS on another core, but the current
>> status of SMP/epiphany port is in its very early stages, and need more
>> work.
>

> For documentation see
>
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/score/cpu/no_cpu/rtems/score/cpu.h
>
> and search for RTEMS_SMP.

Thanks, I have already implemented all of CPU SMP functions as well as
bsp functions. I am testing now and I have some questions which I will
post on another thread.

Regards,
Hesham