Status of phycore_mpc5554 with latest RTEMS

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 14 13:40:10 UTC 2014

This is with GIT updated last night and the latest compiler tools downloaded from "yum", but not built.  Are those tools OK?  They just came down the other day:
[dufault at flipper sptests]$ powerpc-rtems4.11-gcc --version
powerpc-rtems4.11-gcc (GCC) 4.8.2 20131016 (RTEMS gcc-4.8.2-4.el6/newlib-1.20.0-30.el6)

Status of tests:

samples/hello: OK

sp01:
optimization on: rtems_clock_set() or _get() not working, exits because task TA1 thinks 35 seconds have elapsed.
Optimization off: Works properly.

sp02:
Optimization off:
-- Default number of classic tasks (4): Exits trying to start task 3.  I assume because the first task deleted itself it should work OK.  I assume the Init task and the Idle task don't count against the maximum number of tasks or this would never work.

*** TEST 2 ***
INIT - rtems_task_wake_after - yielding processor
PREEMPT - rtems_task_delete - deleting self

rtems_task_create of TA3 FAILED -- expected (RTEMS_SUCCESSFUL) got (RTEMS_TOO_MANY)

-- (Since I'm running out of time and to see what happens) Increase number of tasks to 6: Fails when _Thread_Start_multitasking() returns.

I only have a little time each day to look at this so I'll look some more tomorrow.

Peter