Status of phycore_mpc5554 with latest RTEMS and RSB built tools

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Feb 17 02:19:08 UTC 2014

On 17/02/2014 10:44 am, Peter Dufault wrote:

> - Is the serial port mixup output expected?  I understand if it is, but if it's unexpected I'd like to fix it.

No it is not expected. I wonder if it is a printk, printf with polled
and interrupt driven IO and something not correct.

> - Are these "SPXX" tests run on a regular basis so I can see the status of other platforms?  I looked at what's linked to from "coverage results" on the RTEMS main page hoping to find the latest runs but those tests haven't been run in a while - December 2012 for PowerPC.  Are the tests in the "sptests" directory run regularly, and are the results posted on-line?

The tests are run regularly on other BSPs and currently the only
published results I know of is from a recent Zynq SMP run I did [1].
There is no formal regular results published and this is a short coming
I am working to address this. I have pushed into the rtems-tools.git
repo [2] an RTEMS Tester command called rtems-test. It is a work in
progress and consists of a Python based framework and configuration
scripts. I have integrated simulation (gdb and qemu) and gdb driven
testing with reporting and in time I will provide a way to post standard
test results to the rtems-toolresults mailing list [3]. The results
posting will always be optional because of SMTP/spam issues so users
will need to opt in. The RSB currently supports the posting of tool builds.

The gdb integration is via the gdb MI interface so support is strong and
you have control. I have the tests running on a Zynq board over JTAG
using OpenOCD. Look for *.mc files for the supported BSPs (there is also
an option to list them).

In time I want to add features to supporting expected failures on a
global and per BSP basis and better checking for the output of the
tests. Currently the failure is determined by a suitable start and end
tag appearing. I would like to have the rtems-test command support the
running of the gcc test suite.

The RTEMS Tools Project now contains the rtemstoolkit. This is a Python
tool kit and comes from the RSB. When I have the time the RSB will be
moved into the rtems-tools.git repo and refactored to use the rtemstoolkit.

Chris

[1]
http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/rtems-tester/logs/log_zynq_a9_qemu_smp
[2] http://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/