Status of phycore_mpc5554 with latest RTEMS and RSB built tools

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 21 12:44:02 UTC 2014

On Feb 21, 2014, at 07:16 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

>> I forgot to ask the important question: What happens when you increase the number of tasks to e.g. 8?  SP02 still didn't run, when I broke in with the debugger it was always in the idle task.
>
> It is the same problem: blocking on output.  As a quick hack you can add
>
> CPU_CFLAGS += -DTESTS_USE_PRINTK
>
> to the *.cfg file of your BSP.

I don't understand.  I'd expect the test to run once there were enough tasks.  It sounds like a real bug.

You say that the PREEMPT task is blocking on "puts( "PREEMPT - rtems_task_delete - deleting self" );" and never gets to the rtems_task_delete() that follows that line, and I guess you're saying all the other tasks are also blocking on their respective "puts()" calls, and that's why nothing happens when I increase the number of tasks.

I assume the default termios mode for the interrupt driven console is line buffered.  Why isn't the output eventually finishing?  Why doesn't increasing the number of tasks to 8 let things run through?

Peter