Patches for classic affinity implementation and test

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Fri Feb 21 13:16:25 UTC 2014

Let me make one thing clear so we can quit discussing it. the "have sys cpuset" macro was a nice thing from us to avoid forcing everyone to update their tools immediately.

There is no assumption that cpuset is not present long term and we will NOT provide an alternative internal implementation.

In retrospect, I am beginning to think the effort being nice was wasted because it seems to have just drawn flak. Apparently it is more acceptable to just break things now.

--joel

On Feb 21, 2014 1:58 AM, Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
On 2014-02-20 21:07, Jennifer Averett wrote:
> +#if __RTEMS_HAVE_SYS_CPUSET_H__ && defined( RTEMS_SMP )
> +const Cpuset_Control *_Cpuset_Handler_default(void);
> +#else
> +#define _Cpuset_Handler_default()   do { } while ( 0 )
> +#endif

In case the C library doesn't provide an appropriate <sys/cpuset.h> then we
should provide our own header file.  Maybe we should use a special header file
that either uses <sys/cpuset.h> directly or alternatively provides the missing
declarations and functions.

I don't think it makes sense to use a SMP configuration with this API.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de