Improving SMP Support for RTEMS (GSOC 2014)

Pulkit Mittal bhangarval at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 17:46:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am a 4th-year CSE BTech student and I wish to participating  the
GSOC-2014. I liked the following ideas in the design header of
'Improvements to SMP support'

Processor Affinity
Global Scheduler
SMP / ISR Locks

Are any of the above Projects are available for GSOC? If they are where can
I get more information about them?

I have a good background in Algorithms and Multi-Processor Programming.
However I am new to RTEMS, and I am currently in the process building RTEMS
for SPARC/sis.  So with respect to the above projects should I build RTEMS
for other architectures as well?

Thanks,
Pulkit Mittal