Improving SMP Support for RTEMS (GSOC 2014)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Feb 25 17:55:08 UTC 2014

Pulkit,
See http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/SMP for status about the SMP
development and what remains to be done. There is plenty to do, but
there is a lot of ongoing work also, so we need to carve out the
appropriate work that can be done for a GSoC project.

For SMP work, you should build the i386 and the arm tool chains so
that you can test development with those platforms using Qemu. I think
there is some directions buried in the rtems-devel mailing list about
how to use SMP on these targets, but you can look in the
rtems-testing.git repository at the sim-scripts to see an example of
how to run them:
sim-scripts/pc386
sim-scripts/realview_pbx_a9_qemu_smp

-Gedare