lpc17xx bsp status - LPC1768 / LPC178x differences.

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Fri Jan 3 12:23:04 UTC 2014

Hello Marcos and Sebastian,

I have not gone trough code again at this moment
but there are fundamental difference between LPC176x
and LPC178x chips. The main difference is pin configuration
which is ground up redone/different in all registers.

I have tested RTEMS git with LPC1788 and it worked
well except some need of minor adjustments required for our board.

../../../git/rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems4.11 --prefix=/opt/rtems4.11 \
  --enable-rtems-inlines --disable-multiprocessing --enable-cxx \
  --enable-rdbg --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-tests \
  --enable-networking --enable-posix --enable-itron --disable-ada \
  --disable-expada --disable-multilib --disable-docs \
  --enable-rtemsbsp="lpc17xx_ea_ram"

But I think that LPC176x i.e. LPC1768 is not supported.
As I stated, there are some differences in peripheral base
addresses and totally different pin configuration/multiplexing.
Its pin multiplexing is much more like LPC2148 than LPC178x or
compatible LPC18xx ARM Cortex-M4 (FPU) series.

As for actual LPC178x support, I think, that there is genericproblem
with ETHERNET PHY configuration. It uses reserved address 0
which does not work with our board (using DP83848 PHY).

I have some patch to resolve that but I have not it in final state
but I send it in followup e-mail at least to publish it and get review
form Sebastian.

Best wishes,

                Pavel