ns16550 UART driver status

Marcos Díaz marcos.diaz at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Jan 23 14:39:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 2014-01-23 15:18, Marcos Díaz wrote:
>>
>> Hello , I was working in a BSP for the mbed LPC1768 board, and i tried
>> to use the driver ns16550 and it works ok in polled mode. but with
>> output interrupts mode it doesn't work, but I've seen a README file
>> that says that it wasn't tested for the int mode. Is that the current
>> status? Is anybody working on this? Thanks in advance
>

> What means "doesn't work"?
Perhaps its just an issue with interrupts enabling that i had, but it
sends the first character only and the interrupt process function
never is called, but when i saw that README i thought it could be
something wrong with the driver.

> I never used the polled mode for the ns16550 and this driver works fine in
> interrupt mode.  Which README file are you referring to?
c/src/libchip/serial/README.ns16550

thanks!