lpc17xx bsp status

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jan 3 11:09:36 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 09:23 PM, Marcos Díaz wrote:
> Hi, thanks for answering, first of all in the file lpc24xx.h there are
> two definitions for FIO_BASE_ADDR the second one (which is the one
> that I use) 0x20098000 is wrong, and when Itried to use the function
> lpc24xx_gpio_set for testing I noticed that it tried to write based on
> that value. the correct value 0x2009C000 works fine on my board, and
> looking into the lpc17xx manual I could see that it`s the correct
> value for the register.

In the UM10470 LPC178x/7x User manual Rev. 2.1 — 6 March 2013 we the value
0x20098000 for the GPIO register base.  At 0x2009C000 we have the EMC
registers.

Can you please provide a link to your manual?

> In another part, in the configuration of modules, specifically in the
> function lpc24xx_module_do_enable in io.c there isn't an option for
> setting the clock for the module if ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V4 isnt defined
> (my case) so it does nothing in that case. So far this is what we
> realized and what could be causing us problems. Thanks.

The LPC17XX has a different clock module.

> PS: So far I thought that the macro ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V4 was for
> separate things that are for the lpc17xx from things of the lpc24xx,
> but Iḿ not pretty sure if itś true, so, what is this macro for?

Yes, the ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V4 and ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V7M defines
distinguish between LPC24XX and LPC17XX.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de