_Configuration_Scheduler_priority_dflt

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 10 16:00:07 UTC 2014

On 7/10/2014 9:53 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2014-07-10 16:43, Gabriel Ibarra wrote:
>> Hello, I'm working with a board with a few amount of RAM (lpc1768- 32k), I
>> recently updated the last version of RTEMS and now I have more overhead, I
>> found that the responsible of this new overhead is an object in the bss
>> section:  "_Configuration_Scheduler_priority_dflt"; So, I want to know what is
>> that, is there some documentation of it?, Can I disable it?
> With respect to this item there is no overhead.  Only the memory location moved
> from the workspace to the BSS section.  You can configure fewer priority levels
> to save space or use the simple priority scheduler.

Can you see if there are new symbols in the new executable which
we might be surprised to see? It is possible a new dependency was
accidentally introduced.

Did any existing methods get much larger?

Another option is to turn on per function and data sections and see
if that helps. The SPARC BSPs did this. It is a little tricky not not a lot
to do. Then the linker can drop out unreferenced variables and methods.