[GSOC] GPIO status and I2C start

Andre Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:03:25 UTC 2014

Hello Alan

On 07/18/14 14:06, Alan Cudmore wrote:
> Hi André,
> I have a couple of SPI devices to try now. I have the SPI FRAM chip:
> https://www.adafruit.com/product/1897

I have here a similar device
http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=23K256

Will try to test it with the PI this weekend.

I also have the following devices here:

(I2C) http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=MCP23008

(SPI)(I2C) http://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd0216k3zflgbwv3-p-5738.html

> and something that could be interesting, an SPI based LCD/touchscreen:
> https://www.adafruit.com/products/1601

It does look interesting.

> I can also verify that the RTEMS BSP works fine on the new Raspberry
> Pi Model B+

Nice. By the way, currently the BSP does not recognize (or I have missed
it) which raspberry Pi version it is running on, and as new peripherals
are added to the BSP it becomes important to have that info. For
instance, the I2C interface on the P1 GPIO header uses different pin
numbers for model A and model B/B+.