Zynq BSP

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Jul 19 00:54:04 UTC 2014

On 19/07/2014 8:39 am, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> On 2014-07-18 09:39, Giovanni Macciocu wrote:
>> Hi Emanuel,
>>
>> RTEMS has a BSP which is named xilinx_zynq_zedboard, I use the
>> following configuration to build RTEMS for this BSP.
>>
>>   $ ../configure --target=arm-rtems4.11
>> --enable-rtemsbsp=xilinx_zynq_zedboard --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
>> --enable-posix --enable-networking
>
> Hello Giovanni,
> Yes, I noticed that. But I was hoping for a little write up, or how-to,
> on how to use it, or how is it intended to be used.

I use the zc702 BSP with a 7z045ffg676 part. I have some code from Ric
at SLAC for networking and the SD card which is working well. The SD
code currently contains some GPL parts which need to be removed and
while our use is "in house" this is ok.

Ric's code is based around the Xilinx BSP code from their SDK and I am
looking to work with Xilinx via our FAE to see what we do. It might be
we borrow the pieces of the code we need and create a suitable driver.

I use a hacked OpenOCD with the Zynq using a Flyswatter2 pod and this
works fine. There are times where the JTAG link breaks down and cannot
be recovered. It is good enough to debug and run the RTEMS testsuite. I
would like to get a more recent OpenOCD and update but I do not have the
time.

> We still use the U-Boot to load it?

I do not use uboot, rather we have a taken the Xilinx FSBL and reworked it.

I would like to do a write up of the whole process but it is not a
priority for my unfunded work.