[GSOC] GPIO status and I2C start

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Jul 7 13:42:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Alan Cudmore <alan.cudmore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi André,
> I updated my Pi setup to add the second LED and switch, and your example
> works for me. I did notice that when I power off the Rapberry Pi, then power
> it back on, the second LED will remain lit and cause interrupts in the RTEMS
> program. If I leave the Pi powered off for a little while, it works as
> intended. I don't think this is an RTEMS problem. The good news is that the
> RTEMS app continues to run and handle the interrupts, so it is stable.
>
> I will experiment with different button and LED combinations in the next few
> days.
>
> When you have an I2C driver to try, I have a number of I2C devices to
> interface. I will have to find an SPI device to try out. Something like
> this:
> https://www.adafruit.com/product/1897
> Or
> https://www.adafruit.com/product/1900
>
> A question about the examples ( maybe not for Andre ):
> Can we keep Board/BSP specific tests in the testsuites/samples directory?

We do not currently have a good location for BSP-specific tests in the
RTEMS tree. However, we now have a way to specify in a BSP which tests
it does not work for (test config file), so we could use that
filtering mechanism to enforce BSP-specific tests. The question then
is where to put those tests/examples so it is obvious to a user
whether the code should work for them or not.

-Gedare