Adding capture support to score

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jul 10 08:09:26 UTC 2014

Hello Jennifer,

I am about to go on vacation so I can only give some short comments.

This patch looks a bit like approach of the Timeline Tool from Edisoft:

http://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2007-October/017112.html

I am more in favor of linker based versions like:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Trace_Tool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTrace

This is describes the Linux approach:

http://lwn.net/Articles/132196/

No matter what we use in the end, I think its important that it can be disabled
at compile-time (like profiling, debug, etc.).

Fatal errors should result in _Terminate().  You can add a single trace point
to this function.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de