Including paravirtualization headers in RTEMS

Janek van Oirschot janekvoirschot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 00:38:18 UTC 2014

First off, sorry for the late response to this.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> I would guess most of the partition services will be related to some
> standard e.g. ARINC/FACE, so that might be a useful place to start
> when considering what the RTEMS API to the partitioning kernel should
> look like.

I'm currently working on ARINC 653 compliance on RTEMS through POK and
I've thought about creating an RTEMS API that allows for ARINC 653
calls, which in the current situation just forwards calls to POK. The
problem that arises with this is that if in the future native ARINC
653 compliance is implemented within RTEMS it will conflict with
partitioned kernel API ARINC 653, if you know what I mean. I.e. when
calling any ARINC 653 call, which must it choose? native ARINC 653?
Virtualized ARINC 653? Well, this isn't as big of a "problem" because
you could solve it but I'm not sure what would be best option to solve
this.