回复:Re: The design of vCPU.

Philipp Eppelt philipp.eppelt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jun 12 14:59:32 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 04:34 PM, shenyouren wrote:
> Philipp Eppelt <philipp.eppelt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
> <mailto:philipp.eppelt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de>>于 2014年6月12日 下午9:50
> 写道:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can you please evaluate, which pieces already implemented in
>> pok/kernel/* can be reused to build the vCPU structure?
> I don't think there are lot of code which can be reused. The vCPU is a
> new concept in POK. I can only figure out that the context store/resume
> function can be reused.
Yes, it is a new concept. But the partition structure has some similar
elements. E.g. context_t. Is there more?

>> Also, how the vCPU structure can be build on top of / merged into the
>> partition structure.
> I think we can put a point on vCPU structure, a point point to partition
> bond with the vCPU.
> This vCPU structure, as you said do not need SMP for now, and a
> partition is a vCPU(I understand this as we do not need scheduler for
> vCPU now), is just a structure for interrupt store, also maybe for the
> context store.
>
> If my understanding is correct, the implementation of vCPU is a
> realistic target for midterm.
Ok, then run a hello World on the vCPU without a guest system until midterm.

But first write a blog post, where you want to place the implementation
of the vCPU and how it interacts with the partition it's running in and
other components of the kernel.

Cheers,
Philipp