GSoC 2014 | Poring RTEMS for OpenRISC

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Mon Mar 3 15:06:32 UTC 2014

On Mar 3, 2014 8:23 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> Hesham,
>
> The first question to figure out is why was the older port dropped.

This I can answer. The tool chain rotted and had no maintainer. I also recall not having a simulator to test on.

The final issue was some discrepancy between multiple openrisc CPU projects where I thought the focus on the architecture we had a port to was losing interest from them.

> The second is what is your interest in porting to OpenRISC?

And who would use it?

Long term a port needs to be to a viable architecture from a "is it alive" view  this includes the cpu, tools, a way for us to test, etc