xilinx_zynq_zedboard, accessing memory outside standard program range

Giovanni Macciocu G.Macciocu at sron.nl
Thu Mar 6 16:37:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm working with the recent RTEMS head (11 Jan. 2014) and the xilinx_zynq_zedboard BSP.

I'm having a problem with accessing memory outside of the standard program range, I'm trying to write to an FPGA memory register as follows:

*(volatile uint32_t*) 0x4120000 = 0xff;

This results in a program crash. If I do the same on the same hardware design but on non RTEMS Software then it is no problem to access the memory this way.
Is Rtems somehow preventing direct memory access outside of the standard program range?

Regards,

Giovanni Macciocu, Software Design Engineer
SRON Netherlands Institute for Space Research
Sorbonnelaan 2, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands