Porting to Cortex-R4F - Thesis and GSoC project proposal

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue Mar 18 06:38:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

honestly speaking that would be fantastic if your project happen and
there is RTEMS/Cortex-R4F port in the tree. I do have already TI
Hercules RM48 kit here for some time now, but so far has not found any
time to port RTEMS to it. Perhaps with your port Cortex-R4F support and
TMS570 BSP as a basis this may be more suitable for my usual hobby "over
the weekend evening" hacking session.

I completely agree that Hercules family is nice for its safety feature
set. It's also quite nice for its SoC pricing and for pricing of
development kits especially considering hobby writers.
http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/microcontroller/safety_mcu/rm4_arm_cortex-r4/tools_software.page#kits

Good luck! And thanks for proposing this project!
Karel