GSoC2014 proof of running RTEMS + GSoC project option(s)

Janek van Oirschot janekvoirschot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:05:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
> I don't know if an ARINC-653 spec can be gotten for you or not. I
> haven't looked at the prospect of implementing ARINC-653 services in
> about 2 years, but I recall there are some kind of APEX API or
> something that it makes sense to support in the partition, that the
> application code can call, and that RTEMS would probably forward on to
> POK.

That does sound like a good project, but perhaps an idea for when the
paravisualization project is finished? I think running RTEMS within POK
would be step 1 and getting the ARINC653 calls on RTEMS forwarded to POK
would be step 2.

> Another idea is getting LWIP to work reliably and in a way we can
> automatically test would probably be a worthwhile project.
>
> You should start to work on getting the basic proposal/application
> written so that you can add the 'meat' of your content when ready. you
> can upload a proposal to melange and then update it later if you like.

I think it's about time I made a decision on which project and this sounds
like the project I'd like to do. I assume the page that refers to this
project is this <http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/LWIP> (though, the
link to a discussion on this wiki page doesn't work). In summary, the
project's about updating the port of LWIP to RTEMS, making its interface
with hardware generic enough so it uses the same interface as TCP/IP,
writing tests to ensure it continues to work, document it and write
examples to use with LWIP on RTEMS. If anything's wrong with my
interpretation of the project please do tell. If I'll get to know who might
get to be my mentors I can invite them to the proposal as soon as it's
finished (or anybody else interested).

Kind regards,
Janek van Oirschot.