Porting to Cortex-R4F - Thesis and GSoC project proposal

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Mar 19 12:08:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-19 13:02, Pavel Pisa wrote:
> The other more demanding task is implementation of FPU support.
> If I know actual RTEMS state, there is no ARM port running
> with hard-float setup yet. But I am not sure if it fits
> into GSoC scope. I expect that we would work on it and finish
> this task if student takes thesis GSoC follow-up.

RTEMS supports the VFP-D32 FPU for example on the Cortex-A9 MPCore.  It should
be quite easy to add support for other VFP variants.  If you need a GCC
multilib, then simply send a request to the list.  I can provide the patches
and integrate them to GCC upstream if necessary since I have done the FSF
paperwork.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de