sleep time is doubled, xilinx_zynq_zedboard

Giovanni Macciocu G.Macciocu at sron.nl
Thu May 1 10:52:07 UTC 2014

I've made some tests by changing the value of  BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK.
The value should be 666666667U as this is my cpu clock speed.

However in the following cases

#define BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK (2 * 666666667U)

--> a Sleep now takes 4 times as long

#define BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK 2 (666666667U / 2)

--> The sleep is now correct

In all cases the serial port keeps working at half of the normal buadrate.

Regards,

Giovanni

>>> "Giovanni Macciocu" <G.Macciocu at sron.nl> 5/1/2014 10:53 AM >>>
In my bspopt.h

/* ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore PERIPHCLK clock frequency in Hz */
#define BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK 666666667U

This is the correct processor speed for my platform.

>>> Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> 5/1/2014 10:24 AM >>>
t you take a look at the BSPOPTS for the zync BSP. There are
some clocks you can set and one of these may help. I think
BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK is the one.