[GSoC] Porting RTEMS to OpenRISC - Status Report 1

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:17:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is a status report of the project during last week.

1- newlib: is ported and gcc builds successfully. The only feedback I
got when I posted the newlib patch [1] is about licence of setjmp.S
file. I contacted Damjan Lampret, the author of the file, asking him
to change the licence as Ralf suggested but I got no reply yet. If
changing the licence has not been feasible, can I write a similar
setjmp.S one?

2- toolchain: is all built now providing or1k-rtems4.11-* tools. GDB
is built too but from or1k-src repo. Should I create a patch for it
against upsteam binutils-gdb cvs? If yes, there are two options: the
first is to add a patch for or1ksim library to be embedded into gdb
and used when typing "target sim" command, the other option is to
connect gdb remotely to or1ksim simulator (target remote :xxxxx).
Which one to implement?

3- RTEMS: I started investigating the old or32 port for RTEMS, that
led me to add few files and configurations for or1k cpu and or1ksim
BSP for testing purposes. I was trying to get a libbspstart.a and link
it with other standalone bare-metal main.c program, thus, I
familiarize my self with the process of adding a new architecture, and
have some code to debug.

I would appreciate your feedback and guidance.

[1] http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-devel/2014-April/006598.html

Thanks,
Hesham