BSP question: nested interrupts?

Ben Gras beng at shrike-systems.com
Fri May 2 14:18:45 UTC 2014

All,

Based on the replies, my question wasn't phrased precisely enough -
possibly by underestimating how different our contexts are that we're
operating in. Wouldn't be the first time!

What I was really asking was: does RTEMS expect from a BSP that interrupts
will nest? Or doesn't it matter to the correct functioning of RTEMS? Or is
it something more subtle like 'if interrupt set X is active, interrupt set
Y must still be able to occur.'

I gather it's (ideally?) the latter, where Y are based on the highest
priority level in X. Which is fine for me, that's pretty close to the
current state of the beagle code. I was having a hard time allowing X to
occur (without infinite recursion) while X was still active. The active irq
was probably masked implicitly in other BSPs I looked at.