schedulersimplesmp priority lifo on executing

Jennifer Averett Jennifer.Averett at OARcorp.com
Mon May 12 17:37:04 UTC 2014

Attached is a scheduler simulator scenario, expected, and output files from one of
the  tests for the smp simple scheduler.  It appears that tasks of
 the same priority running on different cores are no longer selected for
preemption in fifo order.  The executing list is FIFO per priority and the
search is from the rear so the newest at a priority is selected, not
the oldest.

This was confirmed on the simple SMP priority but should also be on
the regular SMP priority. I just haven't confirmed it yet.

This is the type of thing the scheduler simulator is very good at helping
to root out. I don't know if a test exists to verify this behaviour. But it changed
from the original implementation.

Jennifer Averett
On-Line Applications Research