POK crash when rtems-guest is executed

Philipp Eppelt philipp.eppelt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Wed May 28 22:22:22 UTC 2014

On 05/28/2014 11:26 PM, Janek van Oirschot wrote:
> As promised in last meeting, here is a screenshot of the crash that
> occurs when executing rtems-guest. This pops up after qemu shows the
> "Hello world" string.  Do keep in mind that for demonstration purposes I
> left my POK at the version at which this error at first occurred. I will
> update POK and test whether the error still occurs.
It says, "trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM". Can you try
increasing the values for POK::Needs_Memory_Size in the model.aadl file?

4M should be enough, but to be on the save side try 8M.

You could also check the pok.elf file for the IP, to see if that is
still valid.
Another attempt can be to attach with gdb to maybe get a backtrace, have
a look at the pok manual on this.
A third way would be to add some qemu debug options and then have a look
at the log file.

Cheers,
Philipp