sleep time is doubled, xilinx_zynq_zedboard

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu May 1 14:21:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Giovanni Macciocu <G.Macciocu at sron.nl> wrote:
>  Yes I've noticed the same thing.
>
> The ARM documentation states the following:
>
> PERIPHCLK must be synchronous with CLK, and the PERIPHCLK clock period,
> N, must be configured as a multiple of the CLK clock period. This
> multiple N must be equal to, or greater than two.
> (http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0407f/CJHIGGDG.html)
>
> So yes I think in this case the the multiple N = 2, resulting in a
> peripheral bus clocked on half the speed. I would say this is a bug in
> the xilinx_zynq_zedboard BSP,
> the default value in configure.ac is 666666667U which can never be the
> case as this is the CPU speed.

That definitely sounds like a bug in the zedboard BSP then. Although
setting the BSPOPT is a suitable workaround, if 333 MHz is the correct
peripheral clock speed for the zedboard then it should be made the
default value.

> This still doens't solve the problem related to the serial port dough.
> I've rolled back to an rtems head of +/- half a year ago. There my
> serial port does work with a baudrate at 11500, i haven't been able to
> tacke the difference.

You may be interested to try to use git-bisect to find the commit
where the buadrate changes. Depending how long it takes for you to
figure out the effective baudrate, git-bisect should get you to the
bad commit in reasonable time.