rtems-tester on realview BSP

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri May 30 23:58:23 UTC 2014

On 31/05/2014 7:23 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I found the problem. Now for Chris to suggest the best
> fix. :)
>
> The realview rtems-tester configuration has the machine as
> xilinx-zynq-a9 not realview-pbx-a9.

It just needs to change in the mc file. Please do this.

> Assuming the current realview is correct for the zynq BSP,
> then the current realview needs to be copied to zynq and an
> edit made.

I am not sure yet what is the best path there. I am still leaning to
each BSP having a specific file. Sharing files introduces possible
crosstalk and that is something we need to avoid. Having said that I am
still need to review the scripts to see if things can be improved.

> After that edit is made locally, now all the tests appear to be
> being reported as "invalid".

Invalid means there was no test start text.

> This message is coming out
>
> audio: Count not init 'oss' audio driver

Is this just a warning ?

> but qemu is exiting with a 0 status.

I am not sure what the exit status means.

> Also <ctl>-c has no impact.

No impact on what ?

There is a known issue with the timeout in rtems-test where the event
does not travel down into the threads running the tests. Does hitting
ctl-C twice help ?

> --joel
> On 5/30/2014 3:30 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I tried this earlier today and the tests were just timing out.
>> Does rtems-tester work with this BSP for anyone else?
>>
>> The BSP works find with the sim-scripts so the BSP and simulator
>> are OK.
>>
>> FWIW should audio be disabled on our qemu builds? I am
>> seeing warnings about not able to open the audio device
>> since I am ssh'ed in.

Are they errors or warnings ?

I suppose we could do this. Any idea how ?