4.11 Branching To Do

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Nov 6 06:53:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a new item for the list:

Very desirable
==============

+ Since red-black trees are now used to implement the priority queues and they
will play an important part in future SMP improvements I would like to do some
performance measurements with alternative implementations.  I would like to compare

1. the RTEMS red-black tree implementation,

2. the RTEMS red-black tree implementation with the colour encoded in the
parent pointer,

3. the implementation from Eternally Confuzzled, see
http://www.eternallyconfuzzled.com/tuts/datastructures/jsw_tut_rbtree.aspx,

4. the BSD implementation <sys/tree.h>, and

5. the JFFS2 implementation (cpukit/libfs/src/jffs2/include/linux/rbtree.h),
see http://lwn.net/Articles/184495/.

I intend to use real hardware ARM, ColdFire, PowerPC and SPARC targets.

Do we have other interesting red-black tree implementations?

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de