crypt01 execution time

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Nov 27 07:08:02 UTC 2014

On 26/11/14 23:42, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> On 11/26/2014 08:12 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> On 25/11/14 23:25, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> How long is this test supposed to run?
>>>
>>> It takes 4:42 using sis on my computer which is a 2.9 Ghz i7 .
>> SIS is a slow simulator.  On Qemu it runs much faster.
> I agree, qemu runs crypt01 in about 8 seconds on my i7 host.
> However, a problem with qemu-leon3 is that it does not skip
> time during power-down. Running all sptests takes 2:10 on sis-leon3
> while it takes > 30 minutes on qemu. An other problem is that several
> spintrcriticalXX.exe do not terminate on qemu-leon3, so it is not
> quite possible to replace sis with qemu at this point ...

Ok, I should have said, that SIS is an accurate simulator ;-)

The spintrcritical*.exe tests are a problem in general on Qemu due to
the translation block granularity of the execution.  I helps to use the
-icount option, but the results are still not that good.  My experience
is that for everything which is timing dependent Qemu is a bad choice.
Maybe we should use different simulators for different tests.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de