Is there plan for stable 4.10.3 release branching?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Nov 7 13:30:58 UTC 2014

On November 7, 2014 12:50:03 AM CST, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>On 7/11/2014 4:05 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> Also Chris has RSB support for 4.10 tools so he should also comment
>to make sure he thinks it is ready.
>>

>The 4.10 released binaries still exist and I have fixed all reported
>4.10 issues.

I would like to use RSB built binaries and build all BSPs.

>> This will also be a good exercise for the new hosting.
>
>Yes this is a great idea.

The file Makefile.maint in the top rtems directory has the scripting for generating releases, tagging, generating version file, etc for CVS. We need the equivalent, a script in rtems tools, or a manual procedure to cut a release now with git. Obviously I prefer a repo independent script.

>Chris

--joel