Proposed RTEMS Community Code of Conduct

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sat Nov 15 16:01:01 UTC 2014

On 11/12/2014 08:49 PM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> What I don't understand in your posting: On the one hand you mention,
> that the topics of the proposed CCoC have never been an issue on the
> RTEMS list and on the other hand you point out, that other CCoCs on
> other lists may have made some users leave the list.

Experience tells, in longer terms "project leaders" tend to
instrumentalize "Code of Conducts" as a means of oppression and
suppression, just to silence opposition.

> Do you think one of the porposed CCoC's topics would make people leave
> this project?

Yes, definitely - CoCs endanger people to being banned from lists
because of having expressing opions. To not expose themselves to this
danger, they often simply do not express their opinions. They implement
a climate of uncertainty and fear.

This is counterproductive to OSS-projects. OSS-projects need open minds,
and needs tolerance - not censorship.

> I see no harm in the CCoC, and always appreciate clear words.
IMO, "clear words" and a CCoC are self-contractory and mutally exclusive.

Ralf