RTEMS non-profit

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Nov 26 17:02:13 UTC 2014

On 11/26/2014 10:47 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I feel the time is right to once again make noise about establishing
> an "RTEMS Project" NGO. Benefits are many, including clearer
> organizational identity, community fund-raising, access to
> infrastructure for non-profits e.g. [1], and more.
>
> I know this has been looked into before. Is there any current progress
> or a report available on what needs to happen to get it done?

There has been some work on it but the status now is that
the charter and paperwork need some reviewing and questions
answered. Honestly, it has been on my todo list for months
but never creeps up.

If someone wants to pitch in, help is appreciated but all
draft paperwork needs to be kept off-list. Too much opportunity
for confusion as we settle things out.

My vision is a non-profit that has a charter broad enough
to encompass RTEMS and other embedded type projects
like OpenOCD, small simulator projects, etc. Things we
depend on which don't fit nicely under other umbrella organizations.

Disclaimer: I do not want to start day one being an umbrella.
Our charter and plan have to support that but we have to
get things right for RTEMS first.