PowerPC Cache Warning Help Request

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Oct 20 17:20:04 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 12:09 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Cache manager implementations are a perennial open project.
+1

In this case,we only have ten RTEMS_CPU_MODELs which are not
addressed.  There are currently two blocks of code in the file. One
is protected by this:

#if defined(ppc603) || defined(ppc603e) || defined(mpc8260)

And the other by this:

#elif ( defined(mpx8xx) || defined(mpc860) || defined(mpc821) )

My guess with no research is that the first block of code is also
appropriate for these RTEMS_CPU_MODELs:

e500
mpc604
mpc7400 mpc7455 mpc750
qoriq
mpc55xx

A quick google makes me pretty confident that the mpc690 and mpc7* models
belong in the ppc603 HID0 block.

I do not have a guess about these

ppc405 ppc440 mpc555

If we have to implement code to support something new, then I don't want
to do it. If we have the code and just need to check to see if more needs to
be added to the conditional, then we should.

--joel