RTEMS Hosting Relocation

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 29 15:22:27 UTC 2014

Hi

Some of you may have probably heard me talk about it but we have
a new stack of machines at Oregon State University's Open Source
Laboratory (https://osuosl.org/). The machines were paid for with
donations from years of Google Summer of Code and Google Code-In
participation. OSU OSL is on the Internet 2 backbone so the access will
be incredibly faster. They are not charging us hosting costs but do accept
donations.

With that background, the current services will be relocated from OAR
where they have been since 1995 to OSU OSL this weekend. The goal is
to start the migration this Friday at 5PM CST and try to be done for
Monday morning 9am CST. But it could take longer.

The mailing lists have been at OSU OSL for a while now and should not
be impacted by moving ftp, git, Bugzilla, and web.

The long term plan is to move to continuous integration testing with
web submission and review of patches on the new infrastructure.
It has taken over a year to get to this point with volunteers doing
all the work.

In addition to the normal RTEMS and OAR folks who you expect to be
involved, I would like to thank the Google Open Source Program Office,
Lance Albertson at OSU OSL, and Amar Takhar for all they have done to
make this happen.