Redundant Logging on User Extensions

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 29 18:42:28 UTC 2014

Hi

As Jennifer has reviewed the output from an SMP capture
test, it is clear that something which was no big deal in
the old fixed record uniprocessor version is now an issue.
Most extensions have an "actor" and "acted upon" thread.
For example, when a task is created, the calling task and
new task are important. The actor and acted upon threads
were logged in separate records.

In an SMP system sorted by time, these two records can
become disconnected. Since we now have variable length
records, it makes sense to consolidate these into a single
capture record.

Any complaints?