Clash in sethostname char const argument

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Fri Oct 31 15:57:34 UTC 2014

Hello Chris and Sebastin,

thanks much for fast response.

On Friday 31 of October 2014 07:57:29 Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello Pavel,
>
> On 31/10/14 02:04, Pavel Pisa wrote:
> > I am starting to test GCC-4.9.2 toolchain with actual RTEMS
> > and I have noticed that when I use actual Newlib GIT
> > there is added
> >
> > #if __BSD_VISIBLE || (defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE) && __XSI_VISIBLE < 500)
> > int	_EXFUN(sethostname, (const char *, size_t));
> > #endif
> >
> > to include/sys/unistd.h
> >
> > but RTEMS declares these without const which results
> > in rtems cpukit build error. Please, commit correction
> > in type to RTEMS.
>
> sorry, I didn't anticipate that this Newlib version will be used so fast.
> Chris submitted a fix for me.

I have checked actual Newlib GIT and GCC-4.9.2 to build TMS570 BSP
and test seems to proceed even much better then with previous RTEMS
and GCC versions.

I have run all samples and SP tests till now and next
have some fundamental issues - most of them not starting
at all. I have not started debugging yet.

samples/capture/capture.exe.res
samples/iostream/cxx_iostream.exe.res
sptests/sp15/sp15.exe.res
sptests/sp23/sp23.exe.res
sptests/sp48/sp48.exe.res
sptests/sp55/sp55.exe.res
sptests/sp60/sp60.exe.res
sptests/sp63/sp63.exe.res
sptests/spclock_err01/spclock_err01.exe.res
sptests/sperror03/sperror03.exe.res
sptests/spfatal03/spfatal03.exe.res
sptests/spfatal04/spfatal04.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical06/spintrcritical06.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical07/spintrcritical07.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical08/spintrcritical08.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical11/spintrcritical11.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical12/spintrcritical12.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical16/spintrcritical16.exe.res
sptests/spintrcritical18/spintrcritical18.exe.res
sptests/spmrsp01/spmrsp01.exe.res
sptests/spnotepad01/spnotepad01.exe.res
sptests/sppagesize/sppagesize.exe.res
sptests/spsem02/spsem02.exe.res
sptests/spwkspace/spwkspace.exe.res

The rest of 213 tests run starts and finish regular way
which is significant improvement.

By the way, we have been donated by RM48 development
kit from Ti for another/company paid project so in
longer term perspective we can find time to test even
RTEMS TMS570 BSP on RM48 hardware. It is little-endian
Cortex-R4F but other peripherals are allmost identical
as TMS570.

Best wishes,

               Pavel