Batch of Patches from Joel

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Oct 13 15:48:19 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 10:43 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 05:18 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> NOTE: For defaults for weak symbols, I am just adding
>> a prototype to the C file.
> How do you then ensure that a non-weak implementation has the same
> signature?

Don't ask me. I didn't add any of these weak symbol options to any BSP.
I am only fixing warnings on existing code. :)

On a more serious note, I would assume that only the linker can ensure
this. In ELF, I think it can match the signature. I have no idea if it
does or
not. Create a test case and if it doesn't do check the signature, post it
as a question to binutils.

I don't think we have anyway to ensure the match inside our space.