MPC55xx Warning for Undefined Behavior

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Oct 13 19:56:37 UTC 2014

On Oct 13, 2014, at 15:22 , Peter Dufault <dufault at hda.com> wrote:

> This looks like an issue in the header.  I downloaded the MPC5674F Reference Manual and it does specify 479 interrupt request sources.  See table 9-2, INTC Memory Map
>
> Base + (0x0040–0x0219)  INTC_PSRn—INTC priority select registers 2 0–479

Last posting on this, because it's confused and I'll defer to someone with the hardware who can puzzle this out.

The Freescale manual is inconsistent - there isn't space for 479 (1-byte) registers in the specified memory range 0x0040 through 0x0219 that I am quoting above.  That amount allows for the 474 registers in the Freescale header file and not the 479 in the RTEMS header file. So if I had to guess I'd guess the RTEMS header is wrong because someone read the Freescale manual and saw it clearly say there are 479 registers.

Peter