BSPs which define NDEBUG in CFLAGS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Sep 2 21:57:52 UTC 2014

Hi

The following BSPs define NDEBUG in their CFLAGS and thus fail
to compile when RTEMS debug is enabled:

mvme136
lpc1768_mbed_ahb_ram
lpc1768_mbed
rtl22xx

I have tracked this down to newlib's assert.h (correctly) not
defining __ASSERT_FUNC when NDEBUG is defined.  This trips
up the RTEMS assert definitions which rely on that definition
of __ASSERT_FUNC.

I can fix this by using the logic in newlib's assert.h to define
__RTEMS_ASSERT_FUNC for our own assert's use.

Any objections to this approach?