rtems-tld update.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Sep 21 22:53:14 UTC 2014

On 21/09/2014 10:56 pm, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Thanks Chris. If you have any ideas on useful ways to visualize these
> traces, I think it could make a good open project for a student.

There are few possible solutions and I have not really looked at any of
them. I see the user interface as part 4 of the trace/capture picture
where part 1 is the trace linker, 2 is the target capture code, 3 is the
target to host transfer and any post processing and 4 is the user
interface. There is no implied order on implementing the parts and
anyone can become involved and help.

The possible options are:

   1. Babletrace and the CTF (http://www.efficios.com/babeltrace)
   2. gdb record replay
   3. dtrace
   4. .... any other suggestions ???

The idea of supporting CTF is attractive and I have met Christian from
EfficiOS and discussed using this tool with RTEMS and he liked the idea.

There is also the task of adding more signature definitions, for example
POSIX, RTEMS API and libc so there is plenty to do and ways for people
to help. Documentation would be a be a huge help to me.

If you are lurking on the list and would like to help you can contact me
directly.